SISHA’s legal team offers direct legal counselling and representation to every client SISHA rescues.
- Assists with criminal investigations and ensures that evidence is collected and presented in accordance with international standards.
- Assists with the prosecution of foreign sex offenders both in the country where the offences were committed as well as in the country where the offender(s) originated.
- Assists with the prosecution and extradition of all foreign offenders that SISHA prosecutes.
- Provides legal representation at Court proceedings for victims that SISHA rescues.
- Assists with legal and administrative documentation to ensure that SISHA remains professional and accountable.
SISHA’s Legal team is led by an Australian qualified lawyer and an in-house Cambodian Attorney-at-Law who is a Member of the Bar Association of the Kingdom of Cambodia (BAKC). SISHA enjoys generous support from Baker and McKenzie, one of the world’s leading law firms, which provides invaluable pro-bono assistance to SISHA on a broad range of legal matters.
SISHA’s Legal Team is further supported by volunteer international legal interns who come from the worlds most respected and prestigious law schools, including Harvard Law School and Duke Law School.
Further, SISHA works collaboratively with local pro-bono legal service providers including Cambodian Defenders Project (CDP), Cambodian Women’s Crisis Center (CWCC), Legal Support for Children and Women (LCSW) and Protection for Juvenile Justice (PJJ) to ensure the best possible legal representation for clients pursuing charges against their offenders.