The overarching goal of SISHA’s Investigative work is to strengthen and reinforce local criminal justice systems to provide a credible deterrent to human trafficking and other forms of exploitation.
SISHA’s team of professional Investigators:
- Conducts both proactive and reactive investigations into human trafficking, bonded labour, sexual assault, paedophilia and other forms of exploitation of children, women and men.
- Cooperates with local police to plan and execute raids on establishments that are identified as engaging in illegal activity related to human trafficking, sexual exploitation and bonded labour.
- Assists local police in rescuing men, women and children from human trafficking, exploitation and bonded labour.
- Assists local police in prosecuting offenders of human trafficking, exploitation, bonded labour, rape and sexual assault.
- Works with international law enforcement officials to investigate foreign offenders and transnational crimes relating to the exploitation of persons.
SISHA brings to South East Asia the highest standards of western police investigation techniques and cutting-edge evidence gathering technology while working in close collaboration with the Cambodian National Police in a culturally sensitive and appropriate way. The cornerstone of SISHA’s success is its strong linkages with the Cambodian Anti-Human Trafficking Police and Juvenile Protection Unit that allow a two-way dialogue in every operation to ensure that national laws are respected and followed.